I just wanted to check in and tell you guys about the new Instagram account that I made in order to help out one of my friends who needed an active presenter beneath her to advance in her company. The Instagram account is linked in my About Me page permanently, but I’ll add a link here as well. I will try to update the inventory pictures each month. Or after a large purchase happens on a post.
All of the numbers will stay the same, until I run out of numbers. Then once things are sold I will change the numbers around and repost the inventory. So feel free to go browse. The instructions on how to buy are in the post. If you don’t see anything that you want there also feel free to browse my paparazzi website.
Thank you for assisting me in supporting my friend,
So after writing up my July recaps I
decided to also write up an August TBR list and an August To Try Out List.
However, life caught up to me and so I’m still going to post it, but I’m going
to edit it into a recap of sorts instead. So let’s kick things off with my TBR.
These first books on the list were the books
that I had started in a previous month and just wanted to finish this month if
I had the time.
- Windwitch By Susan Dennard
- I had started this book last month immediately after finishing Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. By the end of July, I was just about halfway through the book so it wasn’t hard to finish this one. I am now so invested in this world that I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of reading about it. Since finishing this book, I have also started Sightwitch which is the short story in between Windwitch and Bloodwitch. Sightwithch was not initially on this TBR list because I didn’t at the time have the book since it was an ebook only.
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- This book is really big so I’m just sort of reading it in pieces. As much as I can get through in each month. I didn’t read any of it for this month so it will definitely be on the September TBR list that I post on the 1st.
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
- I started reading this as soon as it came out and before the Barnes & Noble Book Club night. But I never quite absorbed the full ending of the book because of how fast I was reading it. I was forcing myself to rush for the Book Club and I wanted to finish the book quickly. But now I went back and restarted and started reading it slowly this time. But then I started reading The Witchlands series. So this also did not get finished this time.
- Bloodwitch by Susan Dennard
- I did actually end up starting this towards the end of this month. So this is going to move up to my September TBF list.
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- I had seen this on a BUNCH of Bookstagram account pages and I thought I’d check it out. I purchased it but didn’t start it yet.
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
- This was another one that is on EVERY Bookstagram account I follow. So I thought I’d see what all the fuss was about.
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Kerri Maniscalco’s new book comes out in September I believe and so I am super excited to start reading the series from the beginning again.
That was my short list for August, and
the progress that I made on them. Obviously, my To Read List is much bigger and
will continue to grow. So September’s will build off of that. Here are some things
I had wanted to try out in August:
- You-ology Exfoliating Mask: I had hear that exfoliating masks are really good for your face and getting rid of gunk that has seeped into your pores. Now, my day job is really dirty. Boxes are disgusting. So I really need something to take care of my face. The Bioclarity that I use is very good at keeping my face clean and hydrated but I needed something a little more aggressive to combat all of the layers of gunk on my face. I’ve only used this product three times so far and it has helped make my face softer and smoother. But I’ll keep you posted as I keep using the product.
- Relics and Rarities: This is a show by Geek & Sundry, and it’s another RPG campaign stream. It is a fascinating concept. It basically arcs the story around what artifacts they choose at the beginning of the episode, and there’s a new guest star every week. They are still trying to complete an overall goal, but it’s not the same set up as Critical Role is. It’s very quirky. I like it.
- Webtoon: This is an app that allows you to read online comics. An author I follow on Instagram (Alexandra Bracken), had mentioned that a webcomic called Lore Olympus existed that might mean her latest novel title might have to change. When she mentioned it, I immediately googled it to see what she was talking about because the description sounded like something I had seen pictures of online. So I signed up for the Webtoon app and I was not disappointed! Lore Olympus is SO GOOD! I would definitely recommend this webcomic if you haven’t read it yet.
- Chokers by Paparazzi Accessories: Paparazzi came out with some pretty cute chokers recently and I really want to get some. I’m just not sure which one to get. I sort of want the cute silver ones, but I also want the corded ones. So I’m not sure which one I’m going to get. But I definitely want one.
- Calisto6: This is another RPG stream that I wanted to start watching but I never got fully into it. It’s set in a futuristic sci-fi version of L.A. It’s a very different concept, from the description. So it will go on into my September TTO list.
So those were all of the things that I
had wanted to try out for last month. Now that classes have started, we’ll see
how September’s goals will get accomplished.
So in Recap 1 I mentioned that I had
non-book/show/internet recommendations that didn’t really fit into one
category. This has no sort of order to it, so I’ll just do a general list of
- My most recent favorite comes from Younique Beauty Products. This month I bought the complete set of Younique’s Lip BonBons. They are a tinted lip balm that works well as a light layer to moisturize while adding the slightest color. They also make a nice base coat for any lipsticks that may dry out your lips or show the cracks in them. They are lightly scented but not perfumed. They are also only lightly tinted, not like the Chapstick or Burt’s Bees tinted that looks like actual lipstick. They are really handy for quick color.
- The next favorite of the month is bioClarity’s cleansing face routine and hydrating moisturizer. It has easily replaced my old skincare routine which was bar soap in the shower. Right now, I have bioClarity’s cleanse step in the shower so it can replace the soap bar I used to use. Then the other two steps can be put on after I get out. Or they can be skipped all together. It’s a super flexible routine. For right now I’m going to stick with my bioClarity over the new You-ology line just because it’s all plant-based material and I want to see if it works.
- I was trying to get a referral link like a few people have but I haven’t received a response yet. I will post about an update should I receive one. https://www.bioclarity.com
- The next favorite is another Younique Product though, and it is their liquid lipstick called Splash liquid lipstick. It comes in all sorts of colors and is easy to put on for work or to go out in. It goes on like a lip gloss but dries matte. You can mix them to make different colors and they set pretty nicely.
- This next one is a consistent favorite, and is scented candles. I’ve been using Yankee Candle Co. Sparkling Lemon tea lights with a Jolly Rancher Orange wax melt from Kmart. I also have some scented jar candles from Yankee Candle Co. that just sit on my filing cabinet and make my room smell pretty.
- The one downside to the candles is the artificial scents in them. They can sometimes be a little too much for my nose, especially if I already have a headache from something else. So I’ve taken to using more natural scents and essential oils. Right now I only have two scents that I use. One I got from CVS and it is Nature’s Truth Calming aromatherapy oil, it is a combination of orange oil and patchouli oil. I believe it has been discontinued by CVS at least. But it’s what I have. The other one is a peppermint oil that was gifted to me by my old store manager. They are very nice I just still haven’t quite figured out what to use them on because I don’t have a diffuser and the tops of the containers make it hard to use as an applicator. But they are soothing and good for getting rid of headaches and stress.
- In relation to the previous favorite, my recent favorite is Paparazzi Accessories. This is a company that works roughly the same as Younique where you can join as a seller and host parties and they give you your own website. But instead of selling make-up they sell $5 jewelry. Now, I had purchased a couple of things from them previously but never really explored the stock. I was just doing it to help out a friend really. And I still am. But this time I joined for her. One of the things that I had purchased before joining though, was a lava bead bracelet. The first one I had was one with brown glass beads and the black lava beads. The second one that I just got has blue glass beads with black lava beads. They’re very simple and are supposed to hold essential oils. I’ve managed to get a little bit on one but I’m not quite sure of the best way to apply the oil to the bracelet. I’m thinking I might just put the oil on me and then see if it absorbs into the bracelet? I’m not really sure. But they’re really cute bracelets and they’re only $5! So it’s a pretty good deal.
So those were all of my July favorites,
up next I will post one for August that I was intending to be a TBR/To Try Out
(TTO) list but since this was so late I will probably do it in a TBR/TTO list
format but I will add end of the month updates
underneath the original thoughts at the beginning.