So in Recap 1 I mentioned that I had non-book/show/internet recommendations that didn’t really fit into one category. This has no sort of order to it, so I’ll just do a general list of products.
- My most recent favorite comes from Younique Beauty Products. This month I bought the complete set of Younique’s Lip BonBons. They are a tinted lip balm that works well as a light layer to moisturize while adding the slightest color. They also make a nice base coat for any lipsticks that may dry out your lips or show the cracks in them. They are lightly scented but not perfumed. They are also only lightly tinted, not like the Chapstick or Burt’s Bees tinted that looks like actual lipstick. They are really handy for quick color.
- The next favorite of the month is bioClarity’s cleansing face routine and hydrating moisturizer. It has easily replaced my old skincare routine which was bar soap in the shower. Right now, I have bioClarity’s cleanse step in the shower so it can replace the soap bar I used to use. Then the other two steps can be put on after I get out. Or they can be skipped all together. It’s a super flexible routine. For right now I’m going to stick with my bioClarity over the new You-ology line just because it’s all plant-based material and I want to see if it works.
- I was trying to get a referral link like a few people have but I haven’t received a response yet. I will post about an update should I receive one. https://www.bioclarity.com
- The next favorite is another Younique Product though, and it is their liquid lipstick called Splash liquid lipstick. It comes in all sorts of colors and is easy to put on for work or to go out in. It goes on like a lip gloss but dries matte. You can mix them to make different colors and they set pretty nicely.
- This next one is a consistent favorite, and is scented candles. I’ve been using Yankee Candle Co. Sparkling Lemon tea lights with a Jolly Rancher Orange wax melt from Kmart. I also have some scented jar candles from Yankee Candle Co. that just sit on my filing cabinet and make my room smell pretty.
- The one downside to the candles is the artificial scents in them. They can sometimes be a little too much for my nose, especially if I already have a headache from something else. So I’ve taken to using more natural scents and essential oils. Right now I only have two scents that I use. One I got from CVS and it is Nature’s Truth Calming aromatherapy oil, it is a combination of orange oil and patchouli oil. I believe it has been discontinued by CVS at least. But it’s what I have. The other one is a peppermint oil that was gifted to me by my old store manager. They are very nice I just still haven’t quite figured out what to use them on because I don’t have a diffuser and the tops of the containers make it hard to use as an applicator. But they are soothing and good for getting rid of headaches and stress.
- In relation to the previous favorite, my recent favorite is Paparazzi Accessories. This is a company that works roughly the same as Younique where you can join as a seller and host parties and they give you your own website. But instead of selling make-up they sell $5 jewelry. Now, I had purchased a couple of things from them previously but never really explored the stock. I was just doing it to help out a friend really. And I still am. But this time I joined for her. One of the things that I had purchased before joining though, was a lava bead bracelet. The first one I had was one with brown glass beads and the black lava beads. The second one that I just got has blue glass beads with black lava beads. They’re very simple and are supposed to hold essential oils. I’ve managed to get a little bit on one but I’m not quite sure of the best way to apply the oil to the bracelet. I’m thinking I might just put the oil on me and then see if it absorbs into the bracelet? I’m not really sure. But they’re really cute bracelets and they’re only $5! So it’s a pretty good deal.
So those were all of my July favorites, up next I will post one for August that I was intending to be a TBR/To Try Out (TTO) list but since this was so late I will probably do it in a TBR/TTO list format but I will add end of the month updates underneath the original thoughts at the beginning.