So after writing up my July recaps I decided to also write up an August TBR list and an August To Try Out List. However, life caught up to me and so I’m still going to post it, but I’m going to edit it into a recap of sorts instead. So let’s kick things off with my TBR.
These first books on the list were the books that I had started in a previous month and just wanted to finish this month if I had the time.
- Windwitch By Susan Dennard
- I had started this book last month immediately after finishing Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. By the end of July, I was just about halfway through the book so it wasn’t hard to finish this one. I am now so invested in this world that I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of reading about it. Since finishing this book, I have also started Sightwitch which is the short story in between Windwitch and Bloodwitch. Sightwithch was not initially on this TBR list because I didn’t at the time have the book since it was an ebook only.
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- This book is really big so I’m just sort of reading it in pieces. As much as I can get through in each month. I didn’t read any of it for this month so it will definitely be on the September TBR list that I post on the 1st.
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
- I started reading this as soon as it came out and before the Barnes & Noble Book Club night. But I never quite absorbed the full ending of the book because of how fast I was reading it. I was forcing myself to rush for the Book Club and I wanted to finish the book quickly. But now I went back and restarted and started reading it slowly this time. But then I started reading The Witchlands series. So this also did not get finished this time.
- Bloodwitch by Susan Dennard
- I did actually end up starting this towards the end of this month. So this is going to move up to my September TBF list.
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- I had seen this on a BUNCH of Bookstagram account pages and I thought I’d check it out. I purchased it but didn’t start it yet.
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
- This was another one that is on EVERY Bookstagram account I follow. So I thought I’d see what all the fuss was about.
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Kerri Maniscalco’s new book comes out in September I believe and so I am super excited to start reading the series from the beginning again.
That was my short list for August, and the progress that I made on them. Obviously, my To Read List is much bigger and will continue to grow. So September’s will build off of that. Here are some things I had wanted to try out in August:
- You-ology Exfoliating Mask: I had hear that exfoliating masks are really good for your face and getting rid of gunk that has seeped into your pores. Now, my day job is really dirty. Boxes are disgusting. So I really need something to take care of my face. The Bioclarity that I use is very good at keeping my face clean and hydrated but I needed something a little more aggressive to combat all of the layers of gunk on my face. I’ve only used this product three times so far and it has helped make my face softer and smoother. But I’ll keep you posted as I keep using the product.
- Relics and Rarities: This is a show by Geek & Sundry, and it’s another RPG campaign stream. It is a fascinating concept. It basically arcs the story around what artifacts they choose at the beginning of the episode, and there’s a new guest star every week. They are still trying to complete an overall goal, but it’s not the same set up as Critical Role is. It’s very quirky. I like it.
- Webtoon: This is an app that allows you to read online comics. An author I follow on Instagram (Alexandra Bracken), had mentioned that a webcomic called Lore Olympus existed that might mean her latest novel title might have to change. When she mentioned it, I immediately googled it to see what she was talking about because the description sounded like something I had seen pictures of online. So I signed up for the Webtoon app and I was not disappointed! Lore Olympus is SO GOOD! I would definitely recommend this webcomic if you haven’t read it yet.
- Chokers by Paparazzi Accessories: Paparazzi came out with some pretty cute chokers recently and I really want to get some. I’m just not sure which one to get. I sort of want the cute silver ones, but I also want the corded ones. So I’m not sure which one I’m going to get. But I definitely want one.
- Calisto6: This is another RPG stream that I wanted to start watching but I never got fully into it. It’s set in a futuristic sci-fi version of L.A. It’s a very different concept, from the description. So it will go on into my September TTO list.
So those were all of the things that I had wanted to try out for last month. Now that classes have started, we’ll see how September’s goals will get accomplished.